Installing API Gateway
Tanium Cloud automatically handles installations and upgrades for API Gateway.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install API Gateway and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): API Gateway is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for API Gateway, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services.
- Manual configuration: Manually install API Gateway and the required dependencies. For more information, see Import API Gateway.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the API Gateway requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade API Gateway.
- Assign the correct roles to users for API Gateway. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the API Gateway solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
If you install API Gateway in an All-in-One deployment, update the api_token_trusted_ip_address_list platform setting. For more information, see All-in-One deployment returns failed to initialize request error.
Perform the following steps to install the API Gateway solution on the Tanium Server.
If you have multiple Tanium Servers in an active-active configuration, you only need to perform these steps on one Tanium Server if you have Tanium Core Platform 22.214.171.1244 or later.
- Sign in to the Tanium Console with an account that has the Administrator reserved role.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Configuration > Solutions.
- In the Content section, select the checkbox for API Gateway and click Import.
If you need to install any prerequisite Tanium solutions or content, select the corresponding checkboxes for those solutions as well.
- Review the content to import and click Begin Install.
Other Tanium solutions are required for API Gateway to function (required dependencies) or for specific API Gateway features to work (feature-specific dependencies). See Solution dependencies.
For the steps to upgrade API Gateway, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify API Gateway version.
After you import or upgrade API Gateway, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Shared Services > API Gateway to open the API Gateway Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
If you experience issues with installing API Gateway, see Queries return unexpected results or errors.
Last updated: 2/1/2023 11:23 AM | Feedback