Installing API Gateway
Tanium as a Service automatically handles installations and upgrades for API Gateway.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install API Gateway and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): API Gateway is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for API Gateway, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services.
- Manual configuration: Manually install API Gateway and the required dependencies. For more information, see Install API Gateway.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the API Gateway requirements.
- Assign the correct roles to users for API Gateway. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the API Gateway solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
Perform the following steps to install the API Gateway solution on the Tanium Server.
If you have multiple Tanium Servers in an active-active configuration, you only need to perform these steps on one Tanium Server if you have Tanium Core Platform 184.108.40.2064 or later.
- Sign in to the Tanium Console with an account that has the Administrator reserved role.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Configuration > Solutions.
- In the Content section, select the checkbox for API Gateway and click Install.
If you need to install any prerequisite Tanium solutions or content, select the corresponding checkboxes for those solutions as well.
- Review the content to import and click Begin Install.
If you experience issues with installing API Gateway, see Queries return unexpected results or errors.
Last updated: 11/30/2021 5:43 PM | Feedback